DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 01:14:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Displaying bus value on Digital or Transient analysis  (Read 1509 times)
etl17

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »

What is the right way to capture the value of a digital bus in an analysis diagram?
If I use the "bus display" port, it doesn't show on the digital timing analysis.
Also, the diagram on the "74190 bus display" example cannot be re-created with a new analysis.
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:56:38 PM »

(1) Add a GND symbol to the schematic.
(2) Connect a jumper to the GND symbol.
(3) Name the jumper GND.
(4) Double Click the 74190 to open Properties.
(5) Type GND in the GND property.
(6) Run the simulation.

Note1: The jumper can be named nearly anything you like but the GND property must match the jumper name.
Note2: This fix runs the Analysis/Digital Timing Analysis properly but doesn't clear the ERC warning. Just ignore it.

Before you ask why, the answer is I don't know. Both issues need to be addressed by Tina Support. Tibor Horvath reads these post and assuredly passes bugs along to Tina's development team. The Help button in the Bus Display Properties window needs fixng too. It brings the user to help for the Hex Display model not the Bus Display. I searched the help files but didn't find any information for it.

EDIT: The above work around works in Tina9 but fails in my Tina Version 10.2.30.328 CV-DS

Cheers
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:20:24 PM by CDRIVE » Logged

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
etl17

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 08:22:06 PM »

Thank you CDRIVE for helping with the GND issue.
However, the biggest issue here is that the BUS (named Q in the specific example), is not included in the analysis diagram!
Any ideas?
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56:36 AM »

Thank you CDRIVE for helping with the GND issue.
However, the biggest issue here is that the BUS (named Q in the specific example), is not included in the analysis diagram!
Any ideas?
Yes, I understand that. The work around that I posted fixed that problem in Tina9 but doesn't work in Tina10 or my new Tina11.

This appears to be a bug that Designsoft hasn't caught up with. I find it quite odd since it's their very own sample .TSC that's throwing the error and not displaying the Bus signal in analysis plot.

Chris

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 02:36:43 AM »

Unfortunately the bus display doesn't work in VHDL mode at the moment. Open Analysis.Options dialog and switch on 'Enable digital engine 6.x' and you'll get the result on the bus display as well.
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »

Tibor, thank you for elaborating on this issue. It saves me the time of reporting it. The help file link to the Bus pin needs fixing too. It brings the user to help for the HEX Display. Wink

Best regards,
Chris

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: