DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 10:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TINA MOSFET and BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR MODEL PARAMETERS  (Read 2012 times)
tvol76

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »

Why do the bipolar and mosfet transistors all show a maximum current of 1A and maximum power dissipation of 1W? They also have incorrect and identical voltage ratings for various junctions.
robertd1968

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »

These are just basic models,

But you can go into the properties and select the model you would like to use.
From there you will see all of the info from that item, which you already know about or you would not have
known the information for the question that you asked.

I'm guessing that they use a lot of information as a General Rule of Thumb and maybe get some of it from data sheets. But regardless of the values on the right hand side in blue, you can change it to what ever you wish to.

Seems like a lot of work to go through, but think of the workload to make all of those models, I can think if I had to make all of those, I too would use some generic info that was common to all transistors if I could.

Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: