DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 01:16:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MCU Simulation  (Read 2427 times)
CircuitFix

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »

Does anyone else find the MCU simulation in Tina slow or is it just me then?
kevinpoole

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:45 AM »

I thought this problem just happened with my projects only. It occurs sometimes that I was unable to find what the actual problem is. It would be good if anybody help.

robertd1968

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »

Well, I can say for sure it's not my computer causing the slowdown.

I'm running an Intel system with the 3.6GHz I7 4960X 15 meg cache on board. 32 gigs of Kingston HyperX 2133 ram installed and a Sapphire HD 7850 with 8 gigs of ram on it (DDR 5).

All of that stuffed into an Asus P9 X79 ws motherboard.  This system runs pretty fast, and does not choke up on other programs like Altium or Proteus,  so it must be something in their software.

When I try run any MCU simulations, it is always very slow. But who knows what's under the hood of this software?
I also have other spice programs that do not have any trouble while running MCU simulations.

I trust this software will get better and more refined in the future.

PS. I forgot to mention the OS. It's running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:36:58 PM by robertd1968 » Logged
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party but has any of you contacted Tech Support regarding this? Also .. Has any of you played with the Simulation - Animation Time units?

Chris
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:24:18 AM by CDRIVE » Logged

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »

Does anyone else find the MCU simulation in Tina slow or is it just me then?

Yeah, I've never been able to fully master the "Options" menu under the "Interactive" mode. I usually set ...
Simulation Time: 1
Animation Time: 1

That said it always runs slower than a live chip would. A program with a 100mS delay toggling an output pin seems to run about 10 times slower, which appears to the eye as 1sec.

On the up side I do find that Tina10 runs Interactive mode about 2 to 4 times faster than Tina9 does.

Chris 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:03:32 AM by CDRIVE » Logged

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: