DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 10:45:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple question about HDL  (Read 2553 times)
pixchips

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:49:37 AM »

I upgraded to Tina 10 a couple months ago.  Been having trouble with generic digital library, so I thought I'd try to use HDL (VHDL or Verilog).  I can place a block from the library and open it to see the code.  But when I try to simulate it just says, "HDL Analysis not allowed." 

Did my upgrade not include HDL?  If so, how do I get it?

Thx,
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:21:19 AM »

Do you have the HDL add-on? (If the HDL add-on is enabled you can see a capital H in the About box /Help.About/ next to the full version number)

If the HDL add-on is not active, you can simulate VHDL blocks only, no other HDL block is allowed.
pixchips

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »

Just figured that out.  I now have the full HDL upgrade.  But i still need somebody to point me to a tutorial or explanation of how this is supposed to work.  I placed a block from the HDL tab and tried to run it but I just don't know what I'm doing.  I can't display results, it won't take a clock generated by an analog block.  Clearly i need some remedial startup info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: