DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 01:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How to import an existing component to the library?
component - 0 (0%)
import - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: import component  (Read 6882 times)
wanggaoteng

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:38 AM »

Hello, I download a file from TI, and found that two components in the file: OPA192, REF3240, these two components aren't exist in TINA, so I want to import them in TINA for extending the library, namely, import them in
Spice Macros/Operational Amplifiers, for easy use next time. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
Thanks a lot.

P.S. The componts are in the attachment.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:24:39 AM by wanggaoteng » Logged
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »

This can be done using the Library manager tool of Tina (not included in the free Tina-TI version). You need to export the content of the macros in a lib file, then use the Library manager to add it to the spice library of Tina. The Library manager allows you to assign a shape to the subcircuits and set the proper category. You can find more info on this topic in chapter 5.3 of the Quick start manual (http://designsoft.biz/home/distrib/en/tina10doc/TINA_10_manual.pdf)
wanggaoteng

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »

This can be done...
Hi, thank you very much, it works very well after reading 5.3.1.1 and 5.3.1.2. But I am confuse at why the format (contents) of OPA192.cir and UA741.cir(the example) are different? I only know that UA741.cir is the standard SPICE file.
And when following the introduction of section 5.3.1.1, why the picture in the attachment appeared? I just copy the Macro from OPA192 and save it, change nothing.
P.S. If I had built one library, namely, the manufacturer is: my library, how can I add the other components to "my library"?

Best regards. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:38:47 AM by wanggaoteng » Logged
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »

OPA192 is a standard pspice file as well, but the model of OPA192 contains not just a main subcircuit but some auxiliary subcircuits as well. These are internal subcircuits so set the category to [Internal] in the TLD editor or change [Misc] to [Internal] (Internal subcircuits won't appear on the toolbar.)
You can set the manufacturer in the 1st line of the TLD file.
wanggaoteng

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »

OPA192 is a standard pspice file as well, but the model of OPA192 contains not just a main subcircuit but some auxiliary subcircuits as well. These are internal subcircuits so set the category to [Internal] in the TLD editor or change [Misc] to [Internal] (Internal subcircuits won't appear on the toolbar.)
You can set the manufacturer in the 1st line of the TLD file.
Thanks a lot.But is it necessary to set the category of internal subcircuits to [Internal]? Namely, can I just assign the category of the main subcircuit, and omit the category of internal subcircuits (not change [misc] to [Internal]), then click the "OK" button?

horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »

You may leave the category ([Misc]). But in this case these auxiliary subcircuits will appear on the toolbar in the group of 'Other' spice macros (spice macros page of the toolbar)
wanggaoteng

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:44:57 AM »

You may leave the category ([Misc]). But in this case these auxiliary subcircuits will appear on the toolbar in the group of 'Other' spice macros (spice macros page of the toolbar)

Hi, horvatht, thank you very much!
vencelylalas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »

thank you
Virgilo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 01:02:27 AM »

You may leave the category ([Misc]). But in this bathmate x50 case these auxiliary subcircuits will appear on the toolbar in the group of 'Other' spice macros (spice macros page of the toolbar)

Nice, thanks for this.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:55:18 AM by Virgilo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: