DesignSoft
January 23, 2018, 01:41:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tina needs a SPDT (Center Off) switch model  (Read 8196 times)
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »

It would be nice to also have a SPDT (Center Off) model in the (t)Switch.
I think that we also would benefit by having a "Suggestion Box" that would rout directly to Tina's developers team. Since we're already logged in there should be no necessity to fill in who you are.

Additional wish list that I've asked for via the "Support" link.

(1) Support for the ever popular Picaxe microcontrollers.
(2) Improve the Cursor function on the Diagram window when running Transient Analysis by returning frequency text in the A & B Cursor panel. Example: f= 1/t = 1/B-A. It's so easy to code so why not do it? I commented about this over a year ago.

Chris   

Chris

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:39:09 PM »

The frequency display is already included in TINACloud, but you have to enable it in the View menu of the diagram window, because for non-periodic signals it is meaningless.

We are not sure about Picaxe now, as we are concentrating on more modern MCUs like ARM etc. at this time.

I believe you can make a time controlled SPDT from two time controlled SPST switches, and put them into a schematic macro if necessary, for now.

Regards

Michael

CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:00:32 AM »

Michael, thank you for the reply. Yes, a SPDT(CO) switch can be created in a macro. I did that back in March of 2012. Though I don't use interactive mode often, it would be nice to have an interactive model.

I must take issue with Designsoft's position on Picaxe. Their chips are not static. They've evolved and still are improving. Their M2 parts are now capable of parallel tasking, DAC, and a host of other features. The simple fact is that Picaxe was designed and created for young students and seasoned electron heads alike. They represent the most inexpensive, painless entry into the world of microcontrollers. This includes learning to program them. I do appreciate your honest answer though. At least I can finally stop anticipating a new Tina release that includes Picaxe. It's a bummer though, as it forces me to keep using Picaxe VSM (ISIS), which is very clunky compared to Tina. In the time that it takes me to draw a simple BJT switch in ISIS I can damn near draw a complete Super-Het receiver in Tina!  Wink

Regarding the Transient Response window:
I see that you responded to my Tina 10.0 release topic and I'm elated to read that the cursor function will now resolve for frequency when used with repetitive waveforms.  

Once again, thank you for your input.

Chris

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:02:46 AM by CDRIVE » Logged

Working with electricity can be dangerous. Any information that I post, including schematics and or code are intended for educational purposes only. No warranty of circuit or code suitability is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.
administrator
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

Chris, thank you for your reply. If there was a tool which makes a hex code from the basic source and a list file (for debugging), like we do with the C programming now, it would be and easier task to support Picaxe. Otherwise we have to write a basic compiler, which is not too hard but currently we are overhelmed with other tasks.

Michael
CDRIVE

South Florida USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »

Michael, I don't know the particulars but on the surface it appears that Picaxe 'VSM' (ISIS) uses API hooks into the Picaxe .BAS file. I don't actually write any code in ISIS. The Picaxe chip is placed in the schematic and the user clicks on the chip to bring up its 'Properties'. The user then navigates to and selects a .bas file to execute. After saving the schematic file the schematic is then linked to the .bas file.  It is definitely not stored within ISIS. I'm not sure if ISIS is importing .bas code or hex but I'm going to query the Picaxe forum to find out.

Perhaps if Tina allowed for third party plugin capability the Picaxe issue can be solved externally. I do realize that Tina is the intellectual property of DesignSoft but if third party plugin capability can be provided while safeguarding the integrity of Tina's software it would be an exceptionally powerful tool.

In closing I want to say that I'm very impressed with the time you've devoted to this thread. Even if nothing ever comes to fruition it certainly demonstrates that the DesignSoft staff does listen to their loyal customers.

Thank you!
Chris

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: