DesignSoft
January 20, 2018, 01:15:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Parameters?  (Read 4209 times)
randys

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

I used to use Global Parameters in Microsim/Orcad PSpice which was a simple and easy way to make global changes to the circuit without having to edit each individual element. Ex: I could set up a mathematical value for a Resistor such that it was 1000 * T and also a capacitor such that it was 0.01u * T, and in a parameter field I could then set T = 1.0, or later on set it to 1.1 (for 10% higher), or 0.95 for 5% lower, or .... This was super simple to use for larger circuits without needing to go to edit each individual element.

I see the parameter stepping feature for resistors/capacitors, but this means I would need to do this for each and every part. Plus it does not allow for a simple "global" value change that impacts all elements (R's and C's) with a simple variable change (such as "T" above).

I also see Monte Carlo options but this is also not what I am looking for. I want discrete changes that I set up individually.

Is there a way to do somethign similiar in TINA V9.3?
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:10:46 AM »

At the moment global parameters are not supported in Tina. We plan to support this feature in the upcoming releases.

However in the Parameter stepping mode you can set discrete values for every component. (List mode) And there is a parallel stepping mode which steps the values of the components simultaneously. Here is an example:

Let the stepped values for R be 100, 200 & 300 Ohms, and for C be 500p, 1000p & 1500p Farads. TINA will run these cases with the following values:

Combinatorial stepping (9 analyses) Parallel stepping (3 analyses)

R    C             R    C

100 500p         100 500p
200 500p         200 1000p
300 500p         300 1500p
100 1000p
200 1000p
300 1000p
100 1500p
200 1500p
300 1500p

michaelk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »

Hello,
now I'm using TINA Version 10.

Is there any chance now to set a global parameter, e.g. R=10 Ohm for more than one Resistor?
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:34:20 AM »

Global parameters are supported in Tina 10. You can create a global parameter in the Analysis.Define global parameters... dialog and you may use a global parameter in a property dialog. Note that this feature is available in the Industrial/Educational/Classic editions of Tina only

eetech00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 05:51:35 PM »

Global parameters are supported in Tina 10. You can create a global parameter in the Analysis.Define global parameters... dialog and you may use a global parameter in a property dialog. Note that this feature is available in the Industrial/Educational/Classic editions of Tina only

For Tina 10 classic, can Global param be set in a macro property? If so, how.
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 03:08:16 AM »

Yes, this is possible. Open the sample circuit 'mac_rlc.tsc' from the Examples\subcirc folder. Define a global parameter in the Analysis.Define global parameters... dialog.

For example:

Name  Value
RPAR   100

Next double-click on the macro named RLC. Select the Subckt-Parameters property. Press the little button with 3 dots. Replace the value of R with: {RPAR} Next press OK twice.

Now if you change the value of the global parameter the result will change accordingly.

eetech00

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »

Next double-click on the macro named RLC. Select the Subckt-Parameters property. Press the little button with 3 dots. Replace the value of R with: {RPAR} Next press OK twice.

Ok..that works.

But how do create the macro so the "Subckt_Parameters" field is even available in the first place?
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 12:40:24 AM »

You may use the Tools.New macro wizard to create a spice macro. If the spice macro has parameters (PARAMS:) the parameters can be changed in the SubCkt-Parameters property.

http://designsoft.biz/home/distrib/en/tina10doc/TINA_10_manual.pdf

Chapter 5.2 describes the process of creating spice macro in detail
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: