DesignSoft
February 22, 2018, 08:24:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TINACloud, the cloud based version of TINA, running in your browser without any installation and anywhere in the world. For limited time, now you can get it for free if you purchase a new license or upgrade to v10 version of TINA at www.tinacloud.com.  With this great extension you can present or modify your designs wherever you are in the world and even while travelling.

We are eager to hear from you any comments and feedback.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking Derivative of functions using swept parameters  (Read 143 times)
mosey

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »

Hello,

Could someone post some working example of use the derivative, D(x), function from the interpreter/post-processor? I've been using TINA industrial 11.2 and cannot get this function to work. I've tried a number of different setups always get the error "Invalid Function name" and can't figure out from the manual what I am doing wrong. Typical reasons are just to plot small signal device parameters like gm, go, etc... from a device DC sweep. But asking more generally as this is a pretty standard post-processing operation.

Thanks
etl17

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »

Where did you find reference of such derivative function D?
Looking at the list of supported build-in functions I only see the following: +, -, *, /, ^, sin, cos, tan, log10, atan, arc, radtodeg, degtorad, ln, exp, abs.
Maybe if you were to somehow define your own function for it (using the advanced edit capability)? Not sure about the supported syntax there....
In any case, I am also interested in finding a way to Integral and Derivative functions in post-processing....
horvatht
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:57 AM »

There is a derivative (D) function in Tina, but at the moment it is only available in the Interpreter window. Another limitation of the D function that even in the Interpreter window it can be used for the built-in functions only. We may add the D function to the Postprocessor as well in the upcoming releases of Tina
mosey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:32:38 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the response.

etl17 - the reference to the function was in the interpreter manual. It is under the TINA website --> Documentation --> Interpreter  and it is on pg 36. There are some details on how to do integration as well. I've lost the link but there are is a nice example on the TINA-TI forums that show how to use the integral function.

horvatht - thanks for the clarification. It would be a nice addition for general post-processing on waveforms.

Thanks
etl17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:01:44 PM »

Hi mosey,

I see now that your expectation is indeed reasonable based on the published documentation. Sorry for missing your original point.
I agree that adding more functions to the post-processing stage would be beneficial.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: